Indulging in a relaxing spa session comes at a cost not everyone is comfortable paying. Those professionals do the magic with their massages and make you feel great, but creating a similar ambiance at home is possible with the tips shared below.
1. Put Your Phone On Silent (Switching Off Would Be The Best)
Replicating the spa experience is possible when you don’t have any sort of disturbance around. Constant interruptions by the dinging of texts and emails can be rather annoying.
Besides, studies show that phones contain more bacteria than the average toilet seat. The last thing you’ll want to touch is an item full of germs while giving yourself a relaxing face massage.
2. Gather A Bunch Of Hot Towels
While giving yourself a facial, it is inconvenient to keep going back and forth to the sink to wash your face. Instead, load up on soft cotton towels, soak them in hot water, and wring them out until they are left damp.
Aestheticians swear by using soft, clean towels to wipe off any product from their clients’ faces. Add a few drops of essential oil to amp up the experience, given that oils don’t irritate your skin.
3. Get The Mood Right By Adjusting The Lighting
Lighting can set the mood right in doing what you are doing. Remember how professional spas have cozy light settings in the rooms to give a relaxing sensation. You can use spa lights or add a few aromatic candles in a dimly-lit room and even around the bathtub to create the perfect ambiance.
4. Have A Playlist Ready
Music has this incredible healing power. So create a playlist for your at-home spa session that can elevate the experience.
You can create an album based on your choice of songs/music or look for the ones readily available over the internet. YouTube is one of the best places to find one. Similarly, keep a Bluetooth speaker in your spa room to get the most out of your playlist.
5. Engage Your Senses With Aromatherapy
It’s no wonder spas feel and smell so good. You must engage your five senses to immerse yourself in that rejuvenating therapy. Incorporating aromatic scents during your spa session will make it worth it. Other than using candles, you can use diffusers or real flowers too!
Try these scents for the at-home spa.
- Ylang Ylang
- Holy Basil
6. Whip Up Detox Water
You’ll want more of the magical spa water with each sip. Although there are many recipes on the internet, you can keep the preparation simple. Infuse filtered water with cucumbers, lemons or lemon rinds, mint, basil, fruits of your choice, and honey.
You might like it so much that you’d make it a practice to sip on this flavored water every day that’ll detoxify your system.
7. DIY Spa Tips & Treatments
Make sure you give your hair, nails, face, and body the treatment they deserve. You can try doing your own manicure and pedicure followed by some nail art. You can even order a custom package full of essentials for spa treatments from brands suited to your skin and budget.
Custom spa treatment bags are often a part of the cosmetic marketing of various brands. So when searching for a spa treatment bag, it shouldn’t be tricky to see a few similar ads displaying such products.
At-home spa beauty treatment tips:
- Prepare your skin – Cleanse your face, neck, and decolletage to remove dirt and dead skin cells. Now steam your face to open pores and get rid of any congestion. Use a gentle exfoliator to remove blackheads, especially on the sides of the nose, forehead, and other problem areas. You can mask your way to clearer skin. Using a face mask according to your skin type and for problems can help improve the appearance of your skin. After everything, don’t forget to follow up with a moisturizer to plump up your skin.
- Indulge in dry brushing – Several professional body treatments and techniques involve dry brushing. It’s super easy to do at home. Body brushes come in all shapes and sizes. Use it before a shower as it sloughs off dead skin, making skin silkier, smoother, and glowy.
- Make your body scrub at home – Body scrubs used at spas may look fancy, but they have complicated ingredients and can irritate those with sensitive skin. Some necessary ingredients to make a body scrub are almost always available in our kitchens, like coconut oil and granulated sugar. The coconut oil and sugar paste applied to the body in circular motions and with light pressure can help achieve fantastic results. Oh! It smells delish too!
A List Of Products That’ll Make The At-Home Spa Experience Special
To enjoy the at-home spa experience in its full glory, you need a few things handy.
- A neck pillow can help you to relax. It can support your neck during a bath or cradle your neck while you lay in bed enjoying the tranquil.
- A gel-based eye mask with a cooling effect can soothe those undereye circles and may even reduce puffiness.
- Bath salts in soothing scents can be truly therapeutic and improve blood circulation. Just add it to your bath water and enjoy soaking in.
- Headbands are so important. They keep hair out of your face while masking or bathing. Microfiber headbands are generally the best picks.
- A pair of soft spa slippers will keep your feet comfy and warm while protecting them.
- A foot massager is a perfect addition to make your at-home spa experience EXTRA! Sit back and relax while getting rid of pesky and distressed muscle knots.
Skincare Tools To Invest In
Makeup Removing Pads
Washable, reusable pads are better for your budget and the planet. Regular cotton rounds for makeup removal and applying toner are also not bad.
Facial Massage Roller
This handy roller is usually made from jade or quartz and helps relax facial muscles to improve circulation.
Using gentle abrasion, these sponges remove dead skin cells to give you smoother and clearer skin.
Derma Roller Or Microneedling Tool
Collagen loss happens with growing age. A micro-needling tool like a derma roller can stimulate collagen production naturally. It can help tone, smoothen, and brighten your skin over time if you use it regularly.
Haircare Tools To Invest In
A quality hairdryer can leave your hair smooth and frizz-free.
Another haircare tool to add to your vanity is a good-quality curling iron to get some extra bounce in your hair.
If you are someone who prefers sleek hair, go for a quality hair straightening tool that uses gentle heat to smoothen hair.
Use a fine or wide-toothed comb, depending on the quality and thickness of your hair, to detangle any knots.
Make It Romantic: How About A Couple’s Spa Day?
Is there a better way to enjoy an at-home spa day than with your partner? Try these suggestions to create a romantic spa day and relax in the company of your love.
- If your bathtub is big enough, a bubble bath is perhaps one of the best ways to relax together. Don’t forget to place scented candles and play romantic music in the background.
- For candles or body butter, pick romantic scents like vanilla or rose.
- Get yourself and your partner beautiful, matching bathrobes, preferably in silk.
- Keep chocolate-covered strawberries and whipped cream to enjoy a few snacks together. Flavored teas are also an option.
- Give each other gentle massages by using body oils of your preference.
The Final Note
Spending money in a spa is not the only way to enjoy the experience since you can get good results using the ideas we’ve shared above. You need to get the basics right, and that’s it.
If you get good at doing this, don’t forget to inspire others. Click pictures or makes videos of the setup, essentials, and other elements to post to your social media. Promote your at-home spa strategy on your social media to motivate your followers.
If you aren’t sure how to get started with social media, make it look professional, and promote content on a budget, get Practina. It is a social media marketing app used by many brands.
Practina is a crucial tool in the beauty industry marketing world as it can turn your pictures into beautiful posts. Practina can automatically create posts and publish them for you to get maximum engagement from users.