5 Powerful Tips For Improving Your Instagram Marketing Strategy
Today, Instagram has become an effective marketing tool for businesses to get real-time results. However, rapidly changing social media dynamics and platform feature updates make it challenging to keep up with the latest Instagram trends. This blog will help you brush up your current Instagram marketing plan. Use these tips and rev up your marketing strategy for the most popular photo-sharing platform.
With more than 500 million active accounts per day, Instagram is taking social media marketing by storm. Around 90% users on the platform follow at least one business. These users aren’t just logging in, they are actively engaging with content. Businesses who steer in the right direction with a refined and actionable strategy, use Instagram to grow.
Is Your Business Using Instagram To Its Advantage?
If not, use these helpful tips to kickstart your Instagram marketing strategy to connect with more customers.
Before we get started, you must first make sure to have an active business Instagram account. If you have a personal account, go into your Instagram settings and follow the instructions for switching to a business account.
If you’re promoting your business through a personal account, you may already be falling behind. Using a business account on Instagram gives you access to valuable insights that you can’t access with a personal account. These are some of the important ones:
- In depth audience insights
- Real-time performance metrics
- Further ways to interact with followers
- Ad campaigns
- Call-to-actions buttons
Once you get yourself recognised as a business, you’re ready to refine your current marketing plan and stand out on the platform.
5 Tips To Improve Your Instagram Marketing Strategy
1. Redefine Your Goals
Setting goals for your Instagram marketing strategy, as with any marketing strategy, is a required step needed to accurately measure your strategy’s performance. But are your goals relevant and within reach? Reconsider how you’re defining your goals to ensure you’re on the right track from the very first step.
To start with, conduct an audit to understand where you are and where you want to be when it comes to Instagram marketing. This will help you learn what you want to achieve on Instagram. Once you do so, identify what’s important for your business and plan your strategy accordingly.
The next big question: Do they align with your business objectives and a S.M.A.R.T framework?
What are S.M.A.R.T goals?
S.M.A.R.T Goals are:
Having S.M.A.R.T goals will help you set meaningful Instagram marketing goals for your business. These are some common goals that marketers build strategies around:
- Brand awareness
- Reach expansion
- Get a loyal following-base
- Generate new leads
- Retain existing customers
- Increase local sales
Every business is different, so you may not have the same goals as others. When crafting your goals, be sure to carefully analyze the areas your business can improve in, and focus on how Instagram can help you strengthen them.
2. Use All Instagram Formats
Simply uploading regular posts will not help your business grow and achieve its marketing goals quickly. So, make a strategy that involves other formats such as Stories, Reels, and IGTV to effectively share your content with your target audience.
Did you know?
1/3 of the most viewed Instagram stories are from businesses
- Instagram Stories: If you’re looking for one of the most engaging ways to attract your audience’s attention, use Instagram stories. Make sure the content you share is business-focused with valuable information for your viewers. Also, keep in mind that content on Instagram Stories remains on your profile for only 24 hours.
- Instagram Reels: Instagram reels give businesses new ways to connect with their audience through short video clips. Sharing reels featuring certain audio, hashtags or effects can boost your discovery and reach.
- Instagram IGTV: Users on Instagram love to consume content through videos. Sharing your content through IGTV is a great way to connect with your potential and existing customers. Since you can now post longer videos (upto 10 minutes), make sure you make them worth watching.
3. Run Instagram Ad campaigns
Running Instagram Ads will help you better reach your target audience while also promoting your products and services. Ads will promote your posts and target a wider range of people on Instagram, hopefully encouraging them to connect with you.
Converting a popular post into an Instagram ad only takes a few simple steps:
– Choose where you want to direct the people who click on your ad. You can direct them to your profile, website, or your inbox.
– Next, select your audience using demographics and your preferences (location, interests, behaviors). You can also let Instagram do it for you automatically, using your current following as a base example.
– Finally, set your ad’s daily budget and duration.
If you’re still not sure how to run an Instagram ad campaign, or if you are short on time, using an automated social media marketing tool such as Practina can help. Practina will create targeted ads to reach your perfect audience who are already searching online for businesses like yours. Just share some basic information, and the system will take care of running your ad campaign on Instagram.
4. Post Consistently and at the Right Time
Instagram is an effective social media marketing tool that gives your business various opportunities to showcase your products and services on a large scale, but if you aren’t posting consistently, Instagram’s algorithm may not prioritize your posts on your following’s timeline.
Instagram marketing success largely depends on:
– When you post
– How consistently you post
Post at the Right Time
The ideal time to post on your Instagram is when most of your followers are active. Posting at ideal times will help you drive more engagement to your content since it will reach more people.
Finding the right time to post will take some trial and error. Consider posting at various times throughout the week and seeing which posting times generate the most engagement.
Furthermore, if you post at the right time, you’ll be quickly able to respond to comments or messages. A successful business is one that knows how to foster relationships with its followers.
Maintain Post Consistency
Having a consistent flow of content on your Instagram feed can have a beneficial impact on your business’s online presence. The more content you upload, the more resources you are providing for your customer, which improves their experience and establishes yourself as a trusted source. Consider choosing and adhering to a regular posting schedule for all your Instagram content.
Pro Tip: To save time and automate the process, you can use Instagram schedulers to plan and schedule your content in advance.
5. Use the Best Social Media Management Tool
Manually handling Instagram can be overwhelming and time-consuming. If you’re struggling with running your Instagram account, there are social media marketing tools like Practina that you can use to automate your marketing strategy.
Here are a few benefits of using Practina to manage your Instagram marketing:
1. Practina can automate the uploading process, saving you time.
2. Create and manage your ads in one convenient place
3. Practina will automatically create, schedule, and publish branded content to your Instagram account.
4. With automated daily posts, Practina will increase your business visibility.
5. Practina will use your preferred posting times to connect you with your target audience at the right time.
6. Make Instagram marketing simple by letting Practina manage your account.
These amazing advantages of using the best social media marketing tools such as Instagram scheduler and Instagram post planner propel your business growth on the platform.
Practina is a powerful digital marketing tool that can help any business, in any industry, simplify their marketing across all social media platforms. Loaded with social media marketing tools, Practina will help your business increase its online presence and grow.
The Final Words
An effective Instagram marketing strategy leads to success. Follow these 5 helpful tips that will help you get the most out of the Instagram platform. Let us know which of the tips you found the most useful!